Just your daily reminders:
- Racists are a problem
- White people are not
- Homophobes are a problem
- Straight people are not
- Transphobes are a problem
- Cis people are not
- Sexists are a problem
- Men are not
And most importantly,
- Hating an innocent person solely because of their race, sexuality, or gender makes you a fucking asshole
Just some actual daily reminders:
- All white people do racist things without being aware they are
- All straight people do homophobic things without being aware that they are.
- All Cis people do transphobic things without being aware that they are.
- All men do sexist things without being aware that they are.
- Saying things like ‘some men’, ‘some cis people’ absolves the blame of individuals and only seeks to comfort those with privilege and power.
- When a post says ‘some X’, the X will always assume that they are not because THEY ARE NOT AWARE.
And most importantly,
- It’s called metonymy, when anyone who is oppressed makes an exasperated statement like ‘i hate straight people’, they are substituting straight people for the concept of a system and a culture that teaches, incentives, and legitimizes homophobic acts and normalizes homophobic acts so that straight people constantly do honophobic things without realizing it and that’s really fucking annoying.
And just as important,
- The concept of sjws dehumanizes marginalized people and categorizes them as an ‘angry and emotional’ stereotype and only adds to the oppression of marginalized people under the guise of being ‘fair’, while the only thing you are doing is cushioning privileged people from their own ignorance and privilege.
That is the most ridiculous crock of bullshit I have heard in a really fucking long time. Thanks for that.
boys unbuckling their belts is the hottest thing in the world tbh
i read this as “seat belts” and i was like “no stay safe”
Your costar Zoë Saldaña tells us that kissing you was ‘gross.’ How could she?
I hated kissing Zoë too! I was like, “Take your tongue out of my mouth, please. Your boyfriend is standing right there.” Most people think kissing beautiful costars must be great. But it’s always awkward, man.
Mickey Mouse gently lays his hand on your thigh, staring into your eyes, passionately.
snoop dog blushes and turned away from his mouse lover. “yo, dawg. i think i’m ready to get intimizzle, mickizzle.”
“I like to wear as least amount of makeup as I can during my everyday life because I’m just all about keeping my skin healthy and hydrated and I love to laugh and have a great time and smile - that’s when I feel the most pretty so I just want to make sure that I stay happy.”
Thanks @kevinzegers1984! I accept your ALS challenge. I nominate Nat Wolff, @sukiwaterhouse and @lianaweston for the #IceBucketChallenge. Good luck guys!…
I’m a sci-fi girl. If I can have anything in life, I’d want tons of great science-fiction movies and stories. It’s so progressive, beautiful, and imaginative.